D. Diane Proctor is a native of Greenville, South Carolina and a graduate of the Greenville County Public School System. She received a Bachelor of Arts degree from Johnson C. Smith University, Charlotte, North Carolina, Intermediate Education (Cum Laude) and a Master of Arts degree from The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, Guidance and Counseling.
• Consecrated Deaconess
• First Vice President, Ministers’ Spouses and Widow(ers) Fellowship
• Coordinator, Cultural Arts Ministry, Philadelphia/Baltimore Conference
• Coordinator, Senior Brigade, Cape Fear Conference
• President, Women’s Home and Overseas Missionary Society, Baltimore District
• Coordinator, Young Adult Missionary Society, Salisbury District
• Coordinator, Young Adult Missionary Society, Akron District
Local Church Involvement:
• Facilitator, Spiritual Gifts Class, Pennsylvania Avenue A.M.E. Zion Church
• Coordinator, Begin Anew Program (After School Enhancement & Care), St. Luke A.M.E. Zion Church
• Assembly of Christian Educators, Christian Education Department
• Connectional Lay Council, Life Member
• National Council Negro Women, Life Member
• Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
She taught and counseled in the elementary school systems in Ohio; was employed as Director of Admissions for The Cape Fear Community College, Wilmington, North Carolina and Coordinator of the Parallel Enrollment Program (PEP)/Admissions Counselor for the Community College of Baltimore County.
She is married to the Right Reverend Dennis V. Proctor, Presiding Prelate of the North Eastern Episcopal District, comprising of New England, New Jersey, New York, Western New York, Bahamas, and London-Midland.